FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon t2i footage in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Oliver
Canon t2i footage in FCP
on Feb 24, 2011 at 3:57:36 am

I have a big project that is coming in that was shot on a t21(550d). Audio recorded on a tascam dr-100. I am just wondering what the best workflow out there is for a broadcast quality project.

There is so much information out there, I have spent a good 25 hours this week researching this and I don't know what's up of down?

I previously have been transcoding everything to xdcam which saved a lot of hard drive space but now Phillip Bloom says thats a no-no.

Any suggestions would be oh so very helpful! I am edit on an i7 macpro tower with 12 gigs of ram. Firewire 800 drives. Speed and length of transcoding aren't an issue, but I'd love to save a bit on hard drive space if at all possible. I use plural eyes to sync the audio and it works like a charm!

Thanks,

-Ben

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Canon t2i footage in FCP
on Feb 24, 2011 at 4:19:20 am

Watch this -

http://library.creativecow.net/ross_shane/tapeless-workflow_fcp-7/1

Search this forum.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Feb 24, 2011 at 4:32:59 am

[Ben Oliver] "I previously have been transcoding everything to xdcam which saved a lot of hard drive space but now Phillip Bloom says thats a no-no."
That was one of the worst suggestions ever done.

H264 is not supported on FC, however I know people cutting Canon D5 stuff and sending to Color without any problem.
Not all the H264 flavors behave the same. Sure that being Intraframe, makes things easier.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
on Feb 24, 2011 at 12:50:06 pm

I won't use XDcam.
Watch the tapeless tutorial.
Buy a hard drive -they're SOOOOO cheap now.
Use ProRes.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]