FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capturing directly to sequence

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Bucknall
Capturing directly to sequence
on Feb 23, 2011 at 8:12:07 pm

Does anyone know of a way to capture video directly to an open FCP sequence?

Background: We are currently cutting a 60 min program with a lot graphics and as such we are laying the graphics on in a linear session. Basically we play the show onto two digibeta tapes, then using an edit controller and a BlackMagic Decklink we key the graphics from one tape to the other doing a video insert only.

I'm trying to cut the tapes out of the equation and possibly the edit controller so I'm wondering if by using a KI Pro and FCP it would be possible to mark an in and out point on a sequence and capture onto a second video track above the original from the KI Pro + graphics. Obviously the timecode on the KI Pro and the FCP sequence would be identical and I could achieve the same thing by Log and Capturing but I would rather have the captured clip fall straight onto the sequence rather than the editor have to line it up manually.

I've looked at Virtual VTR but at £599 I'd rather see if it's possible my way first.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Capturing directly to sequence
on Feb 23, 2011 at 8:22:15 pm

FCP does not have this feature. Avid does have it, but I have never used it.

Return to posts index

Francois Jean
on Feb 24, 2011 at 1:05:40 am

There is away to do this using "open" quicktime files...
This is describe in TELESTREAM pipeline user guide, but I not shure if you can generate such files without a pipeline.

ZAP

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Feb 24, 2011 at 4:43:01 am

Check out ToolOnAir. You can drop your clips in the timeline while you are still capturing.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]