FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final cut express exporting

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mark jordan
Final cut express exporting
on Feb 22, 2011 at 2:47:15 pm

My FCE is already set up (easy set up) as 16:9. I am currently using 'polaroid' template jpg's in an edit. However, when i go to export i use the options: so,i choose 16:9, h264 etc. However the exported movie then shows the footage and the jpg images look skewed. If i just choose the basic export quicktime mode the images are not skewed but poor quality footage, I have also tried the 'compressor native' option. Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Final cut express exporting
on Feb 22, 2011 at 3:32:35 pm

What are the exact item properties of your sequence? If you export to 16:9 you need to make sure the size is set correctly especially if you're working in an anamorphic sequence.

BTW there's a separate forum called Final Cut Basics for FCE.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

mark jordan
on Feb 22, 2011 at 8:16:39 pm

Thanks Tom...could not see FCE forum in the directory..what exactly do you mean by the exact item properties? The size of the JPG?

Mark

PS, post link to FCE forum if you can :)

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Feb 22, 2011 at 10:13:13 pm

http://forums.creativecow.net/applefinalcutbasics

The item properties of your sequence. Select the sequence in your browser and press Cmd-9. What does it say? It would also help to know the frame resolution of the JPEGs. Is this stills only in the project? Are they all the same frame resolution?

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

mark jordan
on Feb 23, 2011 at 3:45:27 pm

I have: Frame size 621x720 JPG and nothing next to anamorphic...this any use Tom?

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Feb 23, 2011 at 4:01:53 pm

This is not a video size. You should make the stills into a video size that matches your sequence if possible, What are the sequence item properties? I can't see your computer.

All the best,

Tom

Return to posts index

mark jordan
on Feb 23, 2011 at 5:10:31 pm

Prob sounds dumb....but cannot see that info in the box it brings up after cmd9

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Feb 23, 2011 at 5:40:59 pm

If you select the sequence in the browser and press Cmd-9 it gives you the item properties for the sequence. You can also, if you're in the timeline, go to Sequence>Settings and see what it says there.

All the best,

Tom

Return to posts index

mark jordan
on Feb 23, 2011 at 7:19:45 pm

Thanks for your patience Tom: DV pal 48khz. Anamorphic. This help?

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Feb 23, 2011 at 8:42:24 pm

Your sequence is 720x480 anamorphically squeezed. For display on the web or a computer, which do not understand anamorphic media, when you export you have to set the size to a widescreen aspect ratio like 853x480. Your images are taller than they are wide so you probably have some pillarboxing in the canvas, black on the left and right. I'm not sure if you really need a widescreen project for these images, or whether you'd be better off with 4:3.

All the best,

Tom

Return to posts index

mark jordan
on Feb 23, 2011 at 11:07:59 pm

Great, thanks Tom! So do you think my set up for FCE is set properly too?

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Feb 23, 2011 at 11:11:57 pm

It's set up right if you want a widescreen output.

All the best,

Tom

Return to posts index

mark jordan
on Feb 23, 2011 at 11:28:50 pm

Just exported using the dimensions you suggested! Worked perfectly!Thanks so much Tom..now I can go back to the Apple store and tell them LOL!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]