FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering causes clips to shorten by several frames

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Moll-Rocek
Rendering causes clips to shorten by several frames
on Feb 21, 2011 at 10:41:30 pm

Hi, this is my first post, but Ive hit an issue that I can't find any solution for.

Im editing in a 720p sequence with a 29.97 fps editing timebase. Ive been importing several different video sources, all in DV or mov format, and cobbling them together in this sequence. So I am cutting together many small clips from 2-3 large source files. Once I had all of my cutting finished, I applied various filters and motion controls on the clips to make the video from different sources look the same (scale, distort).

The clips are viewable with a green render bar (preview). When viewed in their preview mode they appear as normal. However when I render them or export them, the clips mysteriously lose between 1 and 4 frames.

This doesn't mean that my timeline changes visibly or that the whole cut becomes shorter. Instead, the beginning of each clip gets a few frames from just before the in point on its source clip. This means the beginning frame of each clip magically changes back and forth as I render it and then undo the render.

Now here's the really weird part- if I try to manually correct this by cutting off those 1-4 frames, moving the clip over, and rolling the end to fill in the space it used to occupy (essentially "slipping" it back to its original state), it appears that the clip hasn't just been slipped by the rendering. It has literally gotten shorter. The last few frames I add are not the last few frames I see before I render it.

Only clips from one specific source are experiencing these problems. The source is a Apple ProRes 422 1280 × 720 quicktime file with 29.97 fps.

I am completely flummoxed by this. Placing clips into new sequences and exporting them without rendering have not changed the result.

I'm running FCP 6.06 on Mac OS 10.5.8

Can anyone understand why this might be happening?

Thank you so much,
Tom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]