FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP sees AE ProRes renders as interlaced

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon McFarland
FCP sees AE ProRes renders as interlaced
on Feb 19, 2011 at 12:57:48 am

Rendering from After Effects to ProRes (any flavor) and bringing it into FCP, results in upper field interlaced material (according to FCP). All of my settings in After Effects are set to progressive. My work around is to manually set each clip from upper to none, in the item properties, but this is irritating at best.

I've noticed this issue ever since the last update and wondering if anyone had any insight as to why it's happening.

Running FCP7.03 and AE CS5 on a mac with an AJA Kona3.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: FCP sees AE ProRes renders as interlaced
on Feb 19, 2011 at 5:28:56 am

Did you go in to the Qt options and make sure the interlaced box is not checked? Not the AE dialog, but the QT dialog, "more options".

Return to posts index

Brandon McFarland
on Feb 19, 2011 at 5:36:49 am

Yep. Been there done that. I've been making non-interlaced material since it was an option. Final Cut Pro seems to not like/understand when other applications make their own codec... All signs point to these files being progressive (even compressor) but as soon as I drag them into an FCP bin, they are all of a sudden upper field first.

Side note: I have also seen this with Animation codec and on multiple systems running similar versions of AE and FCP, so I'm pretty sure it's not a single system issue. Anyone else experiencing this issue since the last ProKit Update?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 19, 2011 at 5:47:56 am

A pain for sure. Ill have to check on my system when I'm back at it, but you can do this from the bin in the browser, instead of the item properties. If clips are in the timeline, then you have to use item properties.

What version of everything are you using?

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Feb 19, 2011 at 2:11:02 pm

We make 720p pro res files from AE all the time. No prob with FCP bringing it in correctly

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

Register now for our Open House March 5

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 19, 2011 at 5:03:12 pm

Brandon, what version of everything, exactly? OS, AE, etc?

Return to posts index

Atticus Culver-Rease
on Feb 19, 2011 at 7:07:09 pm

A few of us seem to be experiencing this problem, and like you I suspect it started after an update to AE or FCP at some point in the last few months, but I don't know exactly when, nor does it seem to be affecting all users, nor do I have a better workaround than the one you're already using. Sorry. I'm on CS5 and FCP7 with the most recent updates to both. If you find a solution I'd love to hear about it though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]