FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting Blackmagic Intensity to display 16:9 on 4:3 monitor & other questions

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Edwards
Getting Blackmagic Intensity to display 16:9 on 4:3 monitor & other questions
on Feb 17, 2011 at 4:39:41 pm

Hi,

I have a Blackmagic Intensity Pro card I have set up for use with FCP. It is connected to a 4:3 monitor. I am mainly working on 16:0 projects and they are coming out stretched to fill whole monitor. I used to use it with Sony Vegas and it put black borders top/bottom so the 16:9 image was not stretched. Is there a way of setting this up on FCP or in Mac Settings?

Also If I set Blackmagic as Video preview I seem to have to use it as Audio also, not a big problem but is there a way around this?

Relating to above is there a way of getting Mac OS to use Blackmagic card as default audio device?

Regards,
Ben

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Getting Blackmagic Intensity to display 16:9 on 4:3 monitor & other questions
on Feb 17, 2011 at 4:46:10 pm

I would assume that just like matrox, in the blackmagic settings panel, you would set the aspect conversion to either be letterbox or anamorphic. If it doesn't have this basic capability, it's not worth the money.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Getting Blackmagic Intensity to display 16:9 on 4:3 monitor & other questions
on Feb 18, 2011 at 2:49:54 am

[Ben Edwards] "I have a Blackmagic Intensity Pro card I have set up for use with FCP. It is connected to a 4:3 monitor. I am mainly working on 16:0 projects and they are coming out stretched to fill whole monitor. I used to use it with Sony Vegas and it put black borders top/bottom so the 16:9 image was not stretched. Is there a way of setting this up on FCP or in Mac Settings?"

To display an NTSC or PAL signal as 16x9, is not a task of FC or the BlackMagic.
There is nothing they can do about
They just put out a 720x480/6 (720x576 PAL) signal were nothing indicates if is 4x3 or 16x9.
Is the monitor who must display that in one or the other fashion.
If your monitor has no Anamorphic option, you are "stretched".
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Feb 18, 2011 at 5:21:00 am

True. I just assumed he was working in some variant of HD when he said 16:9 but 16:9 does actually refer to anamorphic SD, not HD as all HD is 16:9.

Return to posts index

Ben Edwards
on Feb 18, 2011 at 10:06:16 am

It is SD 16:9 I am working with, what I want to do is for the output signal to put black 'letterbox' borders. I will have another look at settings. If I change the settings for Blackmagic in Settings do I need to restart FCP?

This works perfectly OOTB with Sony Vegas so I was hoping it would be possible to get it working in FCP.

Ben

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]