FORUMS: list search recent posts

General Error, and Changing Default Timeline Settings

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Williams
General Error, and Changing Default Timeline Settings
on Feb 17, 2011 at 3:44:18 am

When I throw a clip of mine on a new sequence on the time line, all is good, when I lay down two, I get an error that says 'General Error', nothing really fixes it unless I change the time line resolution to 1920x1080. Changing the processor to a ProRes doesn't solve the problem either.

So the only solution I can think of to avoid the error or make it work without rendering everything before I start editing, would be to start filming in 1080 instead of 720.
Also, earlier the error was saying 'General Error', and then 'Out of Memory', incase that additional information helps.

Also is there a way to save your timeline/sequence settings so when you make a new one, they same settings remain. I want the starting timecode to stay at 00:00:00:00, the track size to stay Large, and always show the Audio Waveforms.

So if you could help me with a solution to either one of my problems, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: General Error, and Changing Default Timeline Settings
on Feb 17, 2011 at 7:36:24 am

Need a lot more info. What are the details of the files you shoot? Codec, frame size, frame rate. Do you get the error message when trying to render or just when you drop a clip into the timeline? Do you drag and drop the clip from finder or import correctly into FCP first?

Basic info on computer config, version of OS, version of FCP also helps. The memory error message often happens when frame sizes exceed 4k but it may be something else. It is a vague and basically useless error message as it can be caused by many things, usually nothing to do with memory.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]