FORUMS: list search recent posts

Top and tail for FCP - a solution!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Feijen
Top and tail for FCP - a solution!
on Feb 16, 2011 at 10:58:56 pm

Maybe this solution came up before, but googling gave no direct hits. And since, for me anyways, this really is a speedboost when rough-cutting, i just felt the need to share it.

If you're as sad as i am to be missing the avid-'top'- and 'tail'-buttons. Here's a quick solution: use quickeys from starley technologies.
I just entered all my necessary keystrokes, and assigned a hotkey, only for fcp, et voila. It's actually as responsive as on an avid.

Fyi, the keystrokes for top are: clear in and out, mark out, jump to previous edit, mark in, ripple delete.
And for tail: clear in and out, mark in, jump to next edit, mark out, ripple delete.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Top and tail for FCP - a solution!
on Feb 17, 2011 at 4:26:10 pm

What is the top and tail function in Avid? Incidentally, when you jump to next edit and mark out, you are including the first frame of the next clip in FCP. So when you ripple delete you're clearing the clip plus one frame of the next. I usually jump to next edit, arrow back one frame, then mark out.

Return to posts index

Frank Feijen
on Feb 17, 2011 at 6:39:12 pm

True enough! I'll just have to add a 'left' in the key-sequence

Return to posts index

David Thompson
on Jun 1, 2013 at 4:07:16 pm

Hi Frank,

I know this is a very old thread, but just found it and can't tell you how useful your tip is - thanks so much for taking the time to post it. Just used it to create an "extract clip under playhead" shortcut that I've always wished existed...

Gratefully,

David

Macbook Pro
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB ram
Final Cut Studio 3

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]