FORUMS: list search recent posts

Deactivating FX in multiple clips

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sascha Engel
Deactivating FX in multiple clips
on Feb 16, 2011 at 4:36:56 pm

Hi Everybody,

a Q concerning FX in clips on timeline: I know, how to remove multiple filter in multiple clips at once, by right clicking and choose remove attributes.
How can I do the same operation, but not removing them, but just switching them off?

Thanx.

Sascha

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Deactivating FX in multiple clips
on Feb 16, 2011 at 4:42:42 pm

No function for that, but how about duplicating the sequence and removing the effects from the duplicate.

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on Feb 16, 2011 at 5:15:54 pm

Thanx. Yes, I thought about that as well, but if I want to e.g. re-position clips or do other things with them - which are easier & faster when the effects are off, how do I get those adjustments then quickly back to the SEQ where the FX are turned on?

Sascha

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Feb 16, 2011 at 5:38:26 pm

In the RT drop-down over on the left side of your timeline you will see that one option is "play base layer only." Try it...

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on Feb 16, 2011 at 6:22:06 pm

Thanx David, but I also know that one.
In my specific case it just didn't help, since I had in the V2 layer a slug Line with Widescreen bars in it, which I did wanna see - to do the right framing.
Just the effects should have been off.
It's those little things that bother me sometimes about FCP workflow - that and a proper masking system and proper audio key frames ;-)

Any idea possiblity to achieve that?

Sascha

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
on Feb 16, 2011 at 7:37:17 pm

Nothing wrong with the audio keyframes - just use automation

Peter

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on Feb 16, 2011 at 7:49:38 pm

Very good point - never tried it that way, cause the keyframes put manualkly suck.
By the way - is there any way, I can connect my Oxygen 8 or Akai Midi Controller to connect to FCP?

Sascha

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
on Feb 17, 2011 at 4:04:10 pm

Hi,

I tried the automation, but it still gives me this hideous curve just before it hits the silence - there's no way to fade down linear in FCP and it's really a pity.

Sascha

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Feb 17, 2011 at 6:56:33 pm

[Sascha Engel] "t's those little things that bother me sometimes about FCP workflow - that and a proper masking system and proper audio key frames ;-)"

For motion graphics you have Motion. You can turn things on and off there (and a whole lot more)
For fine audio work you have Soundtrack Pro. (several different types of audio fades exist there)

Final Cut Studio is a suite of programs, and for better or worse, is intended to be used as such. I don't believe any other NLE has what you are looking for either (Maybe Vegas, on the audio issue)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]