FORUMS: list search recent posts

QuickTime Pro and FCP Key

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph Owens
QuickTime Pro and FCP Key
on Feb 15, 2011 at 9:56:56 pm

If this issue has been explored, its hard to find...

Quick Time Pro is apparently a part of Final Cut Studio, but it appears to require some special installation interventions. One way to acquire the application is to trash your FCS ProApps keys and re-authorize. I tried that and its 50/50 as to whether that will work. However, one side effect of doing this is that now I have to re-authorize FCP every time I boot it up. Anyone else experience this?

jPo

You mean "Old Ben"? Ben Kenobi?

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: QuickTime Pro and FCP Key
on Feb 15, 2011 at 11:11:42 pm

First off what version of the OS are you running?

QuickTime Pro is only a part of QuickTime 7 and older the newer QuickTime X that comes with Snow Leopard does not do QuickTime Pro.

But you can install QT7 on a machine running Snow Leopard.

**Hindsight is always 1080p**

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Feb 16, 2011 at 6:08:34 pm

Snow Leper 10.6.6

Funny how QT7 becomes available in the Applications/Utilities folder on some systems, though.

QTX? No idea.

jPo

You mean "Old Ben"? Ben Kenobi?

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Feb 16, 2011 at 6:21:22 pm

[Joseph Owens] "Funny how QT7 becomes available in the Applications/Utilities folder on some systems"

Not funny at all, QT7 can be installed on to a snow leopard system from the install disks under optional installs. And to keep them both in the apps folder could potently cause confusion to the system.

Return to posts index

Aaron Banyai
on Feb 24, 2011 at 5:47:03 pm

Okay, so- I just returned to a place I cut at every so often, where they have two FCP Studio systems running. On one, Quicktime 7.x is gone, not even in the utilities folder. The QT they do have, version 10, is useless for pro use. This is OS 10.6.6

The other system, which is running 10.5.7, has 7.6 still, but when I copy it over to the first system, it won't allow me to run it: "You can't use this version of the application with this version of Mac OS X." I figured it was more complicated that simply dragging the app over, but the FCP studio installation disc has no quicktime installer, so I'm not really sure what we can do, other than some crazy reverting to a previous OS, which isn't going to happen.

I would think this would be a major issue for a lot of people. No?

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Feb 24, 2011 at 8:07:49 pm

"The other system, which is running 10.5.7, has 7.6 still, but when I copy it over to the first system, it won't allow me to run it"

Please read my previus post. I said you can install it from the snow leopard install disk.

Most of QuickTime 7 is installe into the OS so just copying the QuickTime player in the apps folder will no work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]