FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut adding random frames? How do I correct?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Tosh
Final Cut adding random frames? How do I correct?
on Feb 15, 2011 at 5:51:24 am

For some reason on this new project I am working on, Final Cut is acting up. I am using the latest version and I have opened the project oh two separate computers with the same problem showing up.

The problem is I have one video layered on top of another. When the top video ends and the bottom video continues Final Cut will insert a random frame from earlier in the cut. If I look at the footage frame by frame there is no problem. It only happens when it is played back. I though that the final render might not have the problem since it does not show up frame by frame but sure enough, it renders out that way too.

What can I try to correct this? I have tried deleting my render files and re-rendering but that does not fix it.

Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
Re: Final Cut adding random frames? How do I correct?
on Feb 15, 2011 at 1:58:22 pm

Are you using .mp4 / H.264 footage? That will cause that. If so, convert your footage to ProRes or another editable format first.

Tony Brittan
Owner - Island Shore Productions

Return to posts index

Oliver Tosh
Re: Final Cut adding random frames? How do I correct?
on Feb 16, 2011 at 2:43:17 am

I got some advice that worked. If anybody else is having this problem this is what corrected it.

Simply create a new sequence. Copy the entire edit from the old sequence and paste it into the new one and re-render.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]