FORUMS: list search recent posts

vertical lines / mixed media best practice

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dean Puckett
vertical lines / mixed media best practice
on Feb 12, 2011 at 6:17:12 pm

I have looked around this site and cannot find the solution to my problem please help! some background. my project is a documentary which is being created largely from footage downloaded from the internet alot of it is from the Prelinger archives http://www.archive.org/details/prelinger these are mainly MPEG2. I have been converting them to an apple intermediate codec or h.264 and dropping them over HDV footage of an interview to illustrate my subjects thesis. It would be excellent to get some advice about, the best format for converting and the best method of de interlacing the footage without losing definition. I am using looks builder and Noise remover along with Natress g smart de interlace. some of the shots look excellent but my main problem is that some of the shots have vertical lines almost like vertical interlacing and i just cant get rid of it! please help..

Best Dean

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: vertical lines / mixed media best practice
on Feb 12, 2011 at 10:21:08 pm

[Dean Puckett] ". my project is a documentary which is being created largely from footage downloaded from the internet... mainly MPEG2. I have been converting them to an apple intermediate codec or h.264 and dropping them over HDV footage of an interview to illustrate my subjects thesis"

Hmmmm..... MPEG 2, H.264 and HDV never, EVER play nicely together. For best results, convert EVERYTHING to ProRes 422.

"But that means a lot of extra time! Isn't there an easier way? Isn't there a way I can do this inside Final Cut Pro?"

Not really. You're the one who decided all this different footage would work well together. Now it's time to face reality.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]