FORUMS: list search recent posts

Change capture parameters after the fact?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Curtis
Change capture parameters after the fact?
on Feb 12, 2011 at 12:31:52 am

I had a post house capture some Betacam SP footage for me today. My client told me the audio I needed was on 1 & 2, but it turns out I need the audio from 3 & 4 as well. So, I need to have them re-done.

Is there a way to Batch recapture the tapes using the existing clip info, but to add A3 and A4 to the clips?

Thanks in advance,
Jim Curtis

(PS. I've done a similar project for this client for 5 years on Media Composer. This is my first year doing it in FCP. I know how I could modify the clips and recapture in MC. Frustrating!)

Jim Curtis
jamesphilipcurtis.com

MacPro (Harpertown-Early 2008) 2x4 3GHz; 32G RAM all the same brand; 10.6.3; QT 7.6.6; FCS3; Kona LHi in PCI slot 3 (8.1.1); Primary display: 30" ACD; Monitoring: Kona LHi SDI to AJA HDP2 converter to HDMI on the HP DreamColor.

Return to posts index

Tony Silanskas
Re: Change capture parameters after the fact?
on Feb 12, 2011 at 6:51:55 am

Try this:

- Open up Log and Capture, go to Clip Settings and make sure you have Channels 1,2,3 & 4 selected and whether you want them mono or stereo.

- Then got to Capture Settings and make sure you have them the way you want.

- Close the Log and Capture window.

- Select all the clips you want to recapture in the browser, right-click and select "Batch Capture".

- With the "Batch Capture" window open, Deselect the Option "Use Logged Clip Setting". This will force Final Cut to use the settings that you just set-up instead of the original ones. You can see the settings update below and if you did it right you will notice that the info at the bottom now says you are Capturing Video and 4 channels of audio.

tony

Return to posts index

Jim Curtis
on Feb 12, 2011 at 2:32:21 pm

Thank you, Tony. Probably as you were taking your valuable time to write your post, I figured out another way to do it.

Since I'm having a post house do the Capturing for me, I wanted to provide them a Batch list. So what I did was export my captured clips to a Batch file. Start New Project. Import that batch list. Select all. Right click to Item Properties. Change the audio track settings. Export a second Batch List.

I'll be able to give the post house my tapes and the second Batch list, and as long as they select the "Use Logged Clip Setting," I should be good to go.

Again, I thank you Tony, for your generous assistance.

Jim Curtis
jamesphilipcurtis.com

MacPro (Harpertown-Early 2008) 2x4 3GHz; 32G RAM all the same brand; 10.6.3; QT 7.6.6; FCS3; Kona LHi in PCI slot 3 (8.1.1); Primary display: 30" ACD; Monitoring: Kona LHi SDI to AJA HDP2 converter to HDMI on the HP DreamColor.

Return to posts index

Tony Silanskas
on Feb 13, 2011 at 12:05:35 am

No problemo. So glad to hear you figured it out on your own. And thanks for telling us what you did.

tony

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]