FORUMS: list search recent posts

Simple titles and JPEGs in FCP 7 need rendered?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Moorhead
Simple titles and JPEGs in FCP 7 need rendered?
on Feb 11, 2011 at 5:29:30 am

I'm working on a timeline that's Apple ProRes 422, 1080i. I've got a bunch of stills that have all been resized to 3000x2000, 72dpi, RGB. For some reason, some of these JPEGs need rendering and some don't. I can't figure out why. Their specs all look the same to me. Is there something other than size, resolution, or color mode that might cause a JPEG to need rendering?

Maybe this will give you some kind of a clue. I also have simple text in the piece, about three static cards with about five words apiece on 'em. I've never had to render titles before, but these titles need rendering. They render super quick, but why would they need rendering? Must be a timeline setting, no?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

I'm on a Mac Pro Quad Core with 8GB RAM.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Simple titles and JPEGs in FCP 7 need rendered?
on Feb 11, 2011 at 6:20:00 am

Stills in FCP are RAM hogs. If you open a new seq. and keep dropping stills on the timeline, you will see that the first few will require no rendering, then a few will get s green preview bar. then a few more get the orange bar, and finally a few more will generate a red bar. Your system resources, RT settings, RAM, hard drive sub-system, etc., all play a part.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Tony Silanskas
on Feb 11, 2011 at 6:26:41 am

If you have a lot of stills and text you might be able to increase your stills cache and have less to render:

http://mobi.creativecow.net/thread/8/1025717#1025727

tony

Return to posts index

Craig Moorhead
on Feb 12, 2011 at 3:30:30 pm

Yes, that makes sense. Thank you, Tony!

Craig

Return to posts index

Craig Moorhead
on Jun 23, 2011 at 2:29:44 pm

I know this is late, but...

And also thank you, David! Very sorry to omit that thank you. This was valuable info for me!

Craig

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]