FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio disappeared on dissolves upon QT export!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Langdon
Audio disappeared on dissolves upon QT export!
on Feb 10, 2011 at 9:28:26 pm

I edited a feature-length documentary for a few years, the project might have crossed over from FCP 4 to 5 to 6 now, for all I know. Currently my FCP is 6.06, although I am unsure of which version was it at when I exported the Master export of the doc back in 2009. I edited the image and sound in a FCP timeline, DV NTSC 29.97, 48khz, no big deal. Exported a master file, using Export / Quicktime Movie (used to be called Final Cut Movie way back in the day) and used current settings, self-contained, image and sound, etc, no mystery there.
Now, it has been a while since I looked at such master export (which is about 80 minutes long, something like 18 GB). But now I am needing it to subtitle the project and noticing that all across the movie, although not ALWAYS, where there was an audio Cross Fade of some sort, occasionally I get audio disappearing for a second or less...!

I luckily have the original files and timeline, so I can fix it bit by bit, BUT: wy did this happen? And more important, HOW can I avoid this? It is scary to think of the ammount of projects I have outputted / mastered this way, assuming I had a study Master backup QT of the final edit.
Of course, I always render completely the audio tracks before exporting.

Should I be outputting the audio separatelly, like Export AIFF or something? COuld it be that the master file got corrupt over time (has been on External HDs for a few years now)? Since it occurs at cross fades, it seems like it isn't a case of degradation over time, but then why didn't I notice this way back? Possibly my own distraction, of course.

Any info much appreciated!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]