FORUMS: list search recent posts

trouble with batch capture

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Gallaway
trouble with batch capture
on Feb 10, 2011 at 5:04:49 pm

A month ago I mistakenly formatted a hard drive and lost a capture scratch folder for a large project. I still had the project file saved elsewhere; so I've gone back in and separated all video clips into separate folders according to what source tape they came from. I'm now in the process of batch capturing each folder in order to reconnect the clips to the video media. However, the batch capture process yields very uneven results for me. Roughly half of the clips are successfully captured from the tape, but many others do not capture or else produce a bunch of derivative clips with "- 1", "-2", or "- 3" suffixes. It looks like the capture window is struggling to find the time code, though the settings on all the clips are the same and I've selected the capture window to run in the native format of each clip. Sometimes I can go back and try again with the files that were dropped, and they will capture successfully on the second try. I had hoped this would run more smoothly, though.
I would greatly appreciate any suggestions for how I might help this process run more smoothly or what I might be doing wrong. This is my first time trying the batch capture process. I'm using the same camera I filmed and captured from originally, but it's just not working consistently for me. Thanks very much for your help,

Chris Gallaway

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: trouble with batch capture
on Feb 10, 2011 at 5:13:33 pm

Please double check the formatting of your new hard drive. Sounds like it might be fat32 instead of OS extended.

Return to posts index

Chris Gallaway
on Feb 10, 2011 at 10:38:58 pm

Thanks for that idea--it is definitely in "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)" format.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 11, 2011 at 1:23:13 am

OK.

Double check your FCP prefs and make sure that the "limit capture Segment size...." isn't checked. IT's under FInal Cut Pro > System Settings.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]