FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing XML file from Premiere. With P2 footage.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Xavier de Champs
Importing XML file from Premiere. With P2 footage.
on Feb 10, 2011 at 12:59:10 pm

Premiere handles P2 footage natively. So I don't need to Log and Transfer in Premiere. I just drag the videofiles into Premiere.

I have edited at project with P2 footage in Premiere, and want to export it to FCP. I seems to work, except, of course effects and stuff don't go along, as one would expect. But that doesn''t matter for me in this case.

But when I have imported the files into FCP, the videoclips are of course offline, as I need to Log and Transfer P2 footage, converting it to Prores (or whatever FCP uses).

When I right click on these clips and press Batch Capture, FCP opens the Tape Deck batch capture window, and complains that I don't have a tapedeck. I never had one. I just want it to open the Log and Transfer window, where I have setup my disks.

Now, I thnk I have some problems with Reel numbers and such. We're talking 2 different reels in this case. But the individual files all have individual names, so should not be a problem? Or?

I short, what I want to do is: Mount all my different P2 volumes into the Log and Transfer window, and then go over into project window and batch everything. How do I do that?

Thanx!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Importing XML file from Premiere. With P2 footage.
on Feb 10, 2011 at 1:30:46 pm

Why not try third party MXF software...software that allows FCP to see the MXF files natively without logging and transferring? Calibrated, MXF4Mac, Raylight...

I think that you are having this issue because FCP doesn't know those clips are from a tapeless source. Unless it imports them and tags them as such, it won't know. I'd try the MXF software...

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Feb 10, 2011 at 5:16:20 pm

I was watching the demos of premiere and there is another export option for what you're doing which exports the XML and transfixed the media to prores or whatever you need for FCP.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Feb 10, 2011 at 10:39:37 pm

Almost identical thread four days ago

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/8/1120312

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]