FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor changing audio file

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mircea dobre
Compressor changing audio file
on Feb 9, 2011 at 10:16:21 pm

Hi,

I am having a little issue with FCP and Compressor. All the files are in sync in Browser (video match audio). I edit in Timeline cutting some parts of audio, video, adding music etc. All good until here. When I export to Compressor the final audio file it's actually the wrong one (I am guessing it's the original voice of the video file). Exporting audio to AIFF file it's fine (of course the size it's huge and cannot e used). Exporting Quick Time Movie (just Audio) works fine as well. Then add it to DVD Studio Pro 4 and burn it, all good with the new file.
My question is why exporting using Compressor and applying the DVD settings from there it's giving me the wrong audio file. I checked the Sequence settings, all good. When play it in Sequence, all good.
Does anyone knows something about it? I checked on google but nothing came out.

Thanks,
Mircea

FCP 6
Compressor 3.5
DVDSP 4
IMac 2.4 GHz 4 GB RAM

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Compressor changing audio file
on Feb 10, 2011 at 12:27:45 am

Not sure how you upgraded Compressor to vers 3.5 and DVDSP4 whilst still running FCP6 . Those versions are part of FCS3 which is FCP7.

Anyway, to solve the immediate problem, bring the aif file that works into Compressor and use a Dolby preset to encode that audio to ac3. Bring that into DVDSP and marry with the pictures.

Return to posts index

mircea dobre
on Feb 10, 2011 at 7:58:38 am

Hi Michael,

Sorry about the confusion. Of course it's Compressor 3. My laptop have FCS 3 and usually using this one. Of course I could import the project from FCP 6 to FCP 7 and export it there, but I was wondering why this problem appear. Also I don't have the laptop in hand all the time.

Does anyone have any idea why this issue occur? For the future reference.

Thanks,
Mircea

Return to posts index

mircea dobre
on Feb 11, 2011 at 2:21:19 pm

Trashing the Preferences did not work either, FCP or Compressor.
Any idea why this happened?

Thanks,
Mircea

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]