FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multicam Log and Transfer Question

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brett Blake
Multicam Log and Transfer Question
on Feb 8, 2011 at 4:04:27 pm

Hi all-

I'm working on a project right now that was shot in studio with 5 cameras, with synchronized timecode running on all of them. I'm using log and transfer to ingest the footage, inputing information for Scene, Take, and Angle. Eventually, I'm going to multiclip the various angles.

My question is this: is there a way to use a batch list (or some other method) to log and transfer the same clips (i.e. the clips with the same timecodes) from the other cameras once I have logged and transferred them for the first camera.

Right now, I'm entering in TC manually for each camera, and with 5 cameras and 46 or so takes a camera, it's taking forever.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brett

Return to posts index

Tony Silanskas
Re: Multicam Log and Transfer Question
on Feb 8, 2011 at 6:30:15 pm

Try this:

Set your settings for the first tape in Log and Capture then instead of loading the clip in right away click the "Log Clip" at the bottom of the window. This puts the clip into your browser as an offline clip waiting to be captured. Then close the Log and Capture window and go to your browser and find the offline clip you just set settings for. Then just duplicate that clip as many times as you have tapes. Then, from the browser still, just change the reel names on the duplicated clips so that each one is unique to a tape ans you should be go to go.

tony

Return to posts index

Brett Blake
on Feb 8, 2011 at 6:42:20 pm

Thanks Tony. Is there a "log clip" option for Log and Transfer? I'm not seeing it.

The method you described is exactly how I used to do this when I was capturing from tape, but I don't think it works with cards.

Return to posts index

Tony Silanskas
on Feb 8, 2011 at 6:56:35 pm

Sorry about that. I am not aware of a way to use a batch list for Log and Transfer. I'm guessing you don't want to just load the entire clip in but just the portion you need. If you right click the column headers at the top of the Log and Transfer Window (where Media Start, Media Duration, etc are) you can add the "IN" and "OUT" columns and then just copy and paste the timecode you want into each respective clips settings.

tony

Return to posts index

Brett Blake
on Feb 8, 2011 at 7:01:13 pm

Yeah, I have to actually import the clips in with the correct timecodes, but thanks for your help. It was worth a shot!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]