FORUMS: list search recent posts

Music Note for subtitles?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik Mickelson
Music Note for subtitles?
on Feb 4, 2011 at 7:35:52 pm

Anyone know how I can add the music notes to subtitles? I am doing subtitles for a movie and there needs to be music "notes" that let the deaf person know there is, in fact, beautiful music playing.

Any help?

MacPro Dual Core2Duo 3.0Ghz, ATI 4870, 6GB ram, 4TB SATA Raid that now works in SL, SLeopard 10.6.sumthin', FCPStudio 3, QT 7, Kone LHe

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Music Note for subtitles?
on Feb 4, 2011 at 7:51:34 pm

System Preferences>>International>>Input Menu and check the Character Pallet and then scroll down and select your preferred language.

A flag should appear at the top of your main computer screen, and when you click on it select Show Character Pallet and find the character you require, select it, and hit the insert button.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Erik Mickelson
on Feb 4, 2011 at 8:49:54 pm

Thanks, I have the character viewer already. I can not seem to be able to load any fonts? Just Lucida Grand. I know Times New Roman has a note but I can't find a way to load it into Character Viewer.

MacPro Dual Core2Duo 3.0Ghz, ATI 4870, 6GB ram, 4TB SATA Raid that now works in SL, SLeopard 10.6.sumthin', FCPStudio 3, QT 7, Kone LHe

Return to posts index

Erik Mickelson
on Feb 4, 2011 at 11:05:08 pm

Solved

ALL the fonts in the font folder for the system are loaded. You have to browse around through ALL the headings and sift to the character that you want(Helvetica etc...). Then keep the Titler open in FCP and click "insert", while both windows are open, the Character Viewer will be "on top".

If you want a special font it must be loaded into fontbook first. Good luck with fontbook.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]