FORUMS: list search recent posts

.MTS files in FCP 6.0.6

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bart Simpson (real name)
.MTS files in FCP 6.0.6
on Feb 4, 2011 at 4:31:47 pm

Hi all, first time poster long-time reader.

I saw a little bit on this but might have missed a definite answer so here it is:

I shot a bunch of material on a Panasonic AVCHD camera (SD cards) last week, and stupidly 'dragged and dropped) the whole file for day 1 instead of threading it through L&T in FCP 6.0.6. I did thread through for days 2 and 3 and the footage looks great.

So now I'm sitting here trying to find the best converter for the material. Kind of new to converting myself (oh, for my editors!), and tried Handbrake (obviously didn't work) and tested Wondershare, which looks promising but I haven't bought it yet.

My DOP in Brazil imported it to Adobe Premiere for safety, so he could always FTP the files and I could download them. But if it's faster for me to do it that's great.

My files for day 2 and 3 are 1920x1080 and Apple ProRes422. Any suggestions on how I can get the same specs for my unconverted MTS files, day 1? I need to cut with the stuff ASAP so much appreciated all!

(yes this is my real name - I've heard the jokes)

_____
Bart Simpson
Director/Producer
St. John's NL Canada

Return to posts index

Eddie Torre
Re: .MTS files in FCP 6.0.6
on Feb 4, 2011 at 5:48:28 pm

I had good luck using Toast to convert files like this.

If I'm not mistaken, others use Clipwrap

Return to posts index

Bart Simpson (real name)
on Feb 4, 2011 at 7:35:26 pm

Thanks Eddie, I have Toast so will try it out. I seem to remember the main problem is that it may take awhile. Will check out Clipwrap. Any other suggestions folks?

Return to posts index

Bart Simpson (real name)
on Feb 4, 2011 at 8:05:45 pm

by the way tried a clip in Toast, and it looks like there's a degredation in quality - I tried to adjust before doing it, but I could only get the clip to MEDIUM quality. Any hints? Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Bart Simpson (real name)
on Feb 4, 2011 at 9:29:11 pm

ok might have answered my own question - I'm doing a version on my laptop (macbook pro intel) but the AppleProRes is well compressed so I can do something with it on this mobile system - I'd better just transfer the MTS files via Toast to keep working 'offline', and reimport the whole folder in my editor's pro system for the 'online'.

thanks all, hope this helps someone else too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]