FORUMS: list search recent posts

Viewer not staying open when using Filters

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Campbell
Viewer not staying open when using Filters
on Feb 1, 2011 at 8:53:08 pm

I have a normal DV anamorphic 29.97 sequence. When I go to drop the 3-way CC on a clip, load it in the viewer and make one adjustment, the viewer drops the clip and goes black. The change stays but I have to go back and double click on the clip again to load it back into the viewer.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix? I've already tried quitting and relaunching FCP 7 as well as restarting my machine and neither have worked.

OS 10.6.3, Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 ghz quad-core intel xenon, 16 gb ram, with BM Intensity Pro card

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Viewer not staying open when using Filters
on Feb 1, 2011 at 11:51:13 pm

That's a weird one for sure. Never seen this behavior.

Trash your preferences for FCP to start with.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Matt Campbell
Re: Viewer not staying open when using Filters
on Feb 1, 2011 at 11:59:38 pm

Thanks Jerry. I may have already fixed it. I had text and video on V1. The texted faded out to black and the video clip butted up against it. For some reason, when I make a color change it dropped from the viewer. So I tried moving the video clip to V2 and it seems to have worked. Indeed that was a weird one. thx for the reply.

OS 10.6.3, Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 ghz quad-core intel xenon, 16 gb ram, with BM Intensity Pro card

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]