FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating Optimum quality quicktime for projection

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jade Heritage
Creating Optimum quality quicktime for projection
on Feb 1, 2011 at 6:37:30 pm

Hello, I am in need of a bit of assistance!

I have 8 minutes of HD footage, which I would like to export to be played on a Mini Mac, and projected (it's an installation for an assessment at University). Now. Exported as a 3GB file it looks fine on my laptop, when projected there are really bad horizontal lines.

My video settings are DVCPRO HD 1080i50
When I play it in final cut it looks fine, and as far as I can see, how I have exported it at the moment looks fine too.

How would you go about exporting it at the highest quality? I'm not too bothered about file size - once I have it at highest quality I could run it through Sorrensson squeeze.

I have compressor, but I have got into the habit of using quicktime conversion (which I am never sure what to export as, so have done H.264 a few times) because Compressor can get confusing!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jade

Return to posts index

Olin Padilla
Re: Creating Optimum quality quicktime for projection
on Feb 1, 2011 at 7:33:34 pm

This isn't an issue of video "quality." Your footage is 1080i50. The i stands for interlaced. What you are seeing is a discontinuity between the interlaced fields in your video. If it was originally shot interlaced, then there is no way to remove it without lowering the quality of your video.

However, play with your projector and see if there is a 1080i setting. If your projector can play interlaced, then it will look great.

Return to posts index

Jade Heritage
on Feb 1, 2011 at 8:33:30 pm

I see! Okay, well I'm 90% sure it was interlaced, either that or I captured it under the wrong setting (doesn't bare thinking about at this point)

Thanks for your help, my projector might be too old to have a 1080i setting but at least I know for future reference.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Olin Padilla
on Feb 1, 2011 at 8:54:04 pm

1080i is actually an older format, so your projector probably can be set that way.

If you are using your projector as a second monitor, try switching the resolution to 1080 interlaced in the system prefs. If the 1080i option exists it will be there.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]