FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quicktime Conversion won't export a JPEG Image properly

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tamara Lee
Quicktime Conversion won't export a JPEG Image properly
on Feb 1, 2011 at 8:35:58 am

Hi there,

I am trying to export a single freeze frame in a sequence as a JPEG (25 frames) by using the export - quicktime conversion function. However, when I go to check the exported image in my save location, it has produced a plain white JPEG image with no picture at all and a very small file size.

What makes this strange is that it seems to occur randomly. I will have no problem exporting still images from Final Cut Pro individually this way for a period, then after a few, one of them just doesn't seem to work and its never the same one. Sometimes after a few tries on the same image, it will export properly, other times, a few tries will make no difference.

The problem does seem to get more persistent the more still images I export in one working session. I'm currently working off an imac and I also experienced this bug previously on my macbook pro, which has the same software installed.

I have also tried using other still image formats and this doesn't help.

I am using Final Cut Studio 3.

Any suggestions? Also can an image be exported as a PNG? I can't seem to find this format in the list....

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Quicktime Conversion won't export a JPEG Image properly
on Feb 1, 2011 at 4:48:11 pm

When you chose "still image" from the export using QT conversion command, there is an "options" button to click to choose PNG or Tiff. Try that instead.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]