FORUMS: list search recent posts

final cut pro and 2nd viewing monitors

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
marc robichaud
final cut pro and 2nd viewing monitors
on Feb 1, 2011 at 12:32:39 am

Hey there,

Has anyone ever had any luck adding a second display to an imac 27"(model 2010, Quad i7, 8GB ram) with Final cut pro v 7.0.1? I'm trying to play a sequence captured and displayed in Apple ProREes HQ. The second monitor, and 3 year old 24" cinema display (connected to the imac via a mini display cable to DVI adapter), shows me a full frame display of the timeline, but will not playback in real time...just the frame it's parked on. I've tried alot of different options from the view/video playback menu. The sequence footage is being read via an attached FW800 external drive. The display on the imac itself has no trouble playing it back on the imac. Is the machine fully capable videoplayback for 2 monitors? Or is the videocard not up to snuff?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: final cut pro and 2nd viewing monitors
on Feb 1, 2011 at 4:36:44 am

Make sure the view menu is on "All Frames" and Desktop Cinema Video. That should work. Test it also by Desktop Cinema Display on the Main screen (your imac.) It should play in both circumstances.

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer
Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC
Avid & Color Videos Vasst.com
Compressor Essentials Lynda.com

Return to posts index

marc robichaud
on Feb 1, 2011 at 4:58:54 am

Thanks Jeff,

Thanks for the response. Yes I tried that. The second cinema display monitor only shows the frame the timeline is parked on? The imac plays the timeline fine.

???

Marc

Return to posts index

marc robichaud
on Feb 1, 2011 at 9:20:24 pm

Found this in Apple discussions...it worked!

Make sure you have "Mirror on Desktop" selected, under Final Cut Pro > Audio/Video Settings > A/V-devices-tab

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]