FORUMS: list search recent posts

SD back to HD.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Taylor
SD back to HD.
on Jan 30, 2011 at 3:21:03 pm

Hi everyone!

I recently finished a project which involved using 1080i HD footage and recompressing it for a multiclip in FCP. Now I've finished I want to convert the recompressed back to it's raw 1080i footage. How do I do this?
I've tried manipulating sequence settings and cheating the system by re-connecting the media with the raw files instead of the recompressed files although to no avail.
I've also used texts and colour graded some clips although hopefully the files will recognize this even after the SD to HD switch.

Thanks in advance,

Josh.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: SD back to HD.
on Jan 30, 2011 at 9:22:00 pm

How did you recompress? Media Manager? This is the way you should have done it:

http://library.creativecow.net/ross_shane/tapeless_online/1

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Josh Taylor
on Feb 3, 2011 at 4:28:20 pm

Thanks for the replies!

Here's a little more detail for you:

I first imported all the raw full HD footage into a FCP project.
Then I used media manager and re-compressed all the files down to DV-PAL (as this allowed me to use multiclip effectively), keeping the same file names.
I made a new project and imported all the re-compressed files and created my project under the sequence settings automatically detected by FCP when you drag and drop into timeline.
I've added text effects, multiclips and the final project is around 10 minutes long.

I now need to take this DV-PAL project and re-connect it with my original RAW HD footage. How?

The video was very helpful although I'm not sure if it's exactly what I'm looking for to help my problem. I'm still a FCP beginner so sorry if there seems an obvious solution.
Thanks so much for your continued help,

Josh.

Return to posts index

Josh Taylor
on Feb 3, 2011 at 4:37:02 pm

Also, for future projects I will be using the method that you described in the second half of the linked video.

However, the footage i used has a raw compressor of H.264.
When looking to find a compressor when re-compressing files I couldn't find a codec of H.264 (Proxy) or any of that description.

Could you let me know which proxy setting i should use for H.264 when re-compressing files?

Thanks,

Josh.

Return to posts index

Josh Taylor
on Feb 11, 2011 at 1:00:20 pm

Bump.

Thanks. :)

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
on Jan 30, 2011 at 10:55:15 pm

If you still have the 1080i footage, you take the sequence, choose the media manager, "Make Offline" of the sequence type you want (1080i flavored in your codec of origin) and then relink the sequence to your HD footage.

Best,

Jeff G

Apple Master Trainer
Avid Cert. Instructor DS/MC
Avid & Color Videos Vasst.com
Compressor Essentials Lynda.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]