FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAMHD in a ProRes timeline?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Warner
XDCAMHD in a ProRes timeline?
on Jan 30, 2011 at 5:13:00 am

I am working on a 6 minute video that originated as XDCAM HD422 1080p24 footage mix of 50Mb/s and 35Mb/s. The sequence settings are set for XDCAM HD422 1080p24 50Mb/s with render settings set to ProRes.

As the edit has progressed, I am experiencing more and more crashes. It's not debilitating yet, just annoying. I have repaired permissions on the system drive and am looking into acquiring Disk Warrior.

From reading other posts, people have suggested these possible solutions:
- turning off bin and timeline icons
- change sequence settings to ProRes
- Media Manage all footage to ProRes

Has anyone had success with the above solutions and does anyone have any additional ideas to make my XDCAMHD life easier?

thanks

Lee
SAMDOG Digital Post
Calgary, Alberta
Mac Pro 2.66 12-core 16gb ram • FSI LM1760W Monitor • Matrox MX02 • Caldigit HD One 8tb Raid • Euphonix MC Transport • Final Cut Studio 3 • Premiere Pro CS5

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: XDCAMHD in a ProRes timeline?
on Jan 30, 2011 at 5:29:51 am

Using a ProRes timeline will make a BIG difference.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Lee Warner
on Jan 30, 2011 at 5:37:20 am

Thanks Shane,

In order to change it over, do I change the codec in Sequence Settings to ProRes422 and leave everything else as is or is there a better way?

Lee
SAMDOG Digital Post
Calgary, Alberta
Mac Pro 2.66 12-core 16gb ram • FSI LM1760W Monitor • Matrox MX02 • Caldigit HD One 8tb Raid • Euphonix MC Transport • Final Cut Studio 3 • Premiere Pro CS5

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 30, 2011 at 6:59:01 am

Either that, or make a ProRes sequence, and COPY/PASTE...

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Paul Jay
on Jan 31, 2011 at 9:19:29 am

How is the behaviour when you set EXTERNAL VIDEO to OFF??

Just as a test

Return to posts index

Lee Warner
on Jan 31, 2011 at 2:05:33 pm

As a follow-up to Shane's suggestion, I copy & pasted my XDCAMHD timeline into a ProRes 422 timeline. FCP ran out of memory half way through on the render process. I also tried to do a simple Share to a DVD from the XDCAMHD timeline and that failed. I finally sent the timeline to compressor and created a ProRes 422 video and re-imported it back into FCP just to see if the Share function would work then which it did.
For the real DVD and Blu-Ray I used compressor to create an Encore compatible file which worked well except my Blu-Ray player in my computer won't play back HD DVD discs so it's off to the store tonight to pick up some Blu-Ray blanks.
Paul....thanks for the suggestion about the external monitor. I tried recently upgrading the firmware on my MX02 to the latest version to give functionality to Premiere Pro but it caused alot of freeze-ups in FCP so I had to revert the firmware. You got me wondering if playback through the MX02 is causing any bottleneck issues. I will check it out.

Lee
SAMDOG Digital Post
Calgary, Alberta

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]