FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't extend vid clip duration beyond 1 min 5 secs

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryony Moore
Can't extend vid clip duration beyond 1 min 5 secs
on Jan 29, 2011 at 3:55:54 pm

Hi, I am trying in vain to change the duration of an effects clip. It seems to be set to 1 minute 5 secs, and won't allow me to extend it. I want to make it 10mins 28 secs long.

Could this be because the effect clip I'm using (Too Much Too Soon's Clock effect) only extends to 1 min 05?

I doubt this though because this number (1:05) looks familiar to me, I think because all clips in my FCP seem to default to this duration... Can I change it in my settings somewhere?

I'd be massively grateful for any help. As is always the way when I stumble across an FCP problem, it's a slight emergency - this vid needs to be finished by Monday eve...

Thanks in advance for sharing your genius!

Best,

BM

Return to posts index

Ron Pestes
Re: Can't extend vid clip duration beyond 1 min 5 secs
on Jan 29, 2011 at 5:30:43 pm

If this clip is a still import and you have your default setting for stills set to 1:05 then you can't extend it unless you go back to your settings and change the default. If this is a movie clip that is only 1:05 long you will need to make it a slow motion clip to make it longer. I don't have FC open as it is on my other computer so I don't know the exact steps but if you right click on the clip and choose "speed" you can change the duration in slo mo. Hope this little bit helps, wish I could get to my other computer to give more details. Check for still import duration under "system settings" or the next option down the list under "File" or "Final Cut Pro" (I think).

Apple Certified Master Pro FCS 2
Sony EX-3
MacBook Pro

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]