FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing footage with Alpha channels

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sascha Engel
Importing footage with Alpha channels
on Jan 28, 2011 at 1:51:58 pm

Hi,

I seem to fall over that problems again and again: When I import footage, which I worked on in AE - e.g. created a Mask inside footage and exported it from AE with Animation Codec including the Alpha Channel - I do not seem to be able to make FCP understand and see that part to make it transparent.
Same thing for PS - when I worked on some titles - exporting it with transparent background - FCP makes it opaque and does not recognize its transparecy. Even when I set the layer's composite mode to Alpha Channel.

Thanx for advice.

Sascha

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Importing footage with Alpha channels
on Jan 28, 2011 at 2:44:49 pm

Are the Adobe products on a Mac or PC?

After you import go to the alpha column in the browser and set the alpha channel. You did output from AE with colors set to millions+?

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Sascha Engel
Re: Importing footage with Alpha channels
on Jan 28, 2011 at 3:46:03 pm

Yes, the AE is also in my MAC. I managed to fix it with setting the Alpha Channel in the Browser Tab.
I still struggle though sometimes with Still coming from PhotoShop - it doesn't wanna recognize the A-Channel there. Specially, when I create something that is supposed to work as an A-Channel Mask.

Sascha

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]