FORUMS: list search recent posts

Log and transfer

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
carlos castro
Log and transfer
on Jan 28, 2011 at 12:32:52 am

I have a weird message that I've never seen before from fcp while using log and transfer. I have 3 different drives on my desktop. I have the main drive with OS on it, a 2nd dive thats mostly for storage and a raid drive that I use to store media and projects while editing in FCP.

While I was in the middle of loading footage from a P2 card I got a message that said, my main drive was almost full and therefore log and transfer couldn't finish transferring the media. The crazy thing to me is that I have the scratch disk set to my raid drive. Clearly the easy thing would be to empty out as much from that drive as I can or to buy a larger drive and transfer the media over but it puzzling to me that this is causing a problem. Not to mention I really can afford to take apart the CPU and have someone transfer the media over to a drive etc..... I'm in the middle of a project for a client and time is of the essence.

Anybody ever have this problem, can someone please help me figure this out?

Thank you

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Log and transfer
on Jan 28, 2011 at 1:44:33 am

Trashed your preferences yet? If not try that.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

carlos castro
Re: Log and transfer
on Jan 28, 2011 at 1:51:16 am

No Jerry I have not, I'll give that a shot and see if that works. Is this a common problem?

I've been on FCP now for almost 3 years and this is the 1st time I've ever seen this message.

I was on Avid before that for about 13 years and lets just say there are few crazy messages on FCP, lol....

Thanks, I'll try that 1st thing in the morning.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]