FORUMS: list search recent posts

Replacing Source Video - Rebuilding Sequence

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hector Garcia
Replacing Source Video - Rebuilding Sequence
on Jan 28, 2011 at 12:27:53 am

Hi Everyone. First time poster to this site. And first time Final Cut Pro user. Learning as i go thanks to forums like this.

I ran into an issue. I have footage shot from a Canon 7D. I made the mistake of not transferring my files in some way that would convert them to ProRes. I started editing a sequence in H.264...and when i started doing searches for why my video looked choppy between clips...found out why. So that wont be happening again.

But here's where i am now. I took all my clips, highlighted them in Final Cut, opened in media manager and converted them to ProRes, created a new project and all that.

Now i wanted to see if there was an easy way to rebuild my previous sequence. Maybe by replacing the source video in the sequence's clips or is there any other way to easily rebuild my previous sequence using my ProRes clips. Or am i out of luck and will just have to rebuild?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
-Hector

Return to posts index

Olin Padilla
Re: Replacing Source Video - Rebuilding Sequence
on Jan 28, 2011 at 2:01:03 am

Are you positive the media manager transcoded them to prores? If so, do they have the same name and file structure?

In FCP you can replace multiple clips based on the file structure. If you highlight all the footage in your bin and select Reconnect Media.

A window will pop up with a list of your video files. Click 'locate' and it will find the source file for the first video in the list. Search through the finder and find the new prores file with the same name, make sure 'reconnect all files in relative path' is selected, and click ok.

If the transcoded prores files have the same name and file structure as the originals, than it will automatically reconnect all of them.

But as I said before, something doesn't sound right about the whole media manager thing.

Return to posts index

Hector Garcia
on Jan 31, 2011 at 6:15:32 pm

Hi, yes i was able to figure out. I highlighted all the clips in the sequence and opened in media manager and was able to convert those clips, then i converted all the other clips using media manager and was able to continue editing.

Thanks for the response!

Return to posts index

Sean Hoffman
on Jan 10, 2012 at 7:55:54 pm

Hey, I have the same question, using Final Cut Pro X for the first time. I ripped some footage from a DVD to Prores using Cinematize. Unfortunately I didn't use optimal settings and ended up with some banding. I'd like to replace the source files with higher quality rips without losing any of my timeline. I don't see any option to "Reconnect Media" in FCP X. Is there still an easy way to do this or is this another feature that bit the dust? Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]