FORUMS: list search recent posts

Workflow advice

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Angela Gardner
Workflow advice
on Jan 26, 2011 at 9:32:43 pm

Greetings,

I have been asked to help with a friend's reel. Its mostly trailers, and shortened segments from longer pieces separated by title cards. It is a combination of Standard Def and High Def material in a multitude of sizes and codecs, with both 29.97 and 23.98 frame rates. The output is mainly supposed to be DVD and perhaps a quicktime she can pass on (H.264).

My first thought was to convert everything to the same codec, which is ProRes HQ. Should I uprez the SD stuff to HD? Only to go back to regular DVD? Or should I downconvert the HD to SD? Also, a lot of her SD material is Letterbox, which I believe she'd like to get rid of. Any suggestions on how to crop it out with compressor? I don't have After Effects at my disposal, only Compressor.

Hope this makes sense, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Angela

Return to posts index

Olin Padilla
Re: Workflow advice
on Jan 26, 2011 at 9:57:50 pm

There is a crop setting in compressor in the geometry tab. You need to know the exact pixel amount though.

As far as whether or not to uprez or downrez, to me that would depend on how much footage is HD/SD. Also, do you have an uprez plug-in, or are you just planning to scale?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]