FORUMS: list search recent posts

Graphics and text has interlaced look on tx

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will Granzier
Graphics and text has interlaced look on tx
on Jan 25, 2011 at 4:53:42 am

Hi all

Need some help with this one as it's driving mms nuts. Ii created a show in fop these were the settings
Standard 4:3. Dv pal compression codec. Here is my problem. I have produced just on 56 shows for tx on normal def tv and have never had this problem till a week ago. All of my logos and text that has been used seem extremely blocky and in some casese almost to have an interlaced look on transmission.

Yet I the master mov files that are sent to a duplication house to coinvert to beta sp are perfect. When I convert a sample DVD to watch on a tv. It's fine.. Perfect... The logos that I use are the same show after show... It never changes.... Yet now we have a problem.

In my mind I am looking to the duplication house for the problem... As they would import the mov send them into fcp and then playback via a canopus to get the signal to beta sp....

I have double checked all my fop export settings and they seem fine. All the logos are around 120 t o 150 dpi.
They have worked well ... UPTO NOW...

Anyone care to give a shout

Thx a stack

Will Granzier

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: Graphics and text has interlaced look on tx
on Jan 25, 2011 at 5:03:29 am

Two things you should know.

1- DV is HORRIBLE codec when it comes it quality, there are so many better codecs these days.
2- The ONLY way to properly judge the quality of your video is with a calibrated broadcast video monitor.

**Hindsight is always 1080p**

Return to posts index

Will Granzier
on Jan 25, 2011 at 5:19:43 am

Hi Zane

I hear u but thats. What the guys wanted. As the footage was shot in DV. However the point is it all looked great till now. Two seas ons of one sport perfect used same logos stored on same raid drive.

I am loosing my mind

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Jan 25, 2011 at 5:30:52 am

[Will Granzier] "I hear u but thats. What the guys wanted. As the footage was shot in DV"

Just because it was shot DV does not mean it has to be edited in DV.

Copy and past everything into a ProRes timeline, and see how it looks.

And agin the ONLY way to really judge quality is with a calibrated broadcast video monitor.

**Hindsight is always 1080p**

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 25, 2011 at 5:41:59 am

Everything looks good on your end. In FCP, on a DVD you made. QT export. All finewhen it leaves your hands.

You give this nice looking video to a place that makes dubs, or Broadcast compressions. now it looks like poo.

The issue is nothing on your end. The issue is with who is doing the compression.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Will Granzier
on Jan 25, 2011 at 6:19:00 am

Thanks for that one Shane

That was my opinion.....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]