FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCE import Settings with a Sony DCR-TRV39

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amanda Hudson
FCE import Settings with a Sony DCR-TRV39
on Jan 23, 2011 at 10:30:12 pm

Hello,

I hope I'm posting in the right forum. Recently I acquired an external hard-drive so I could store and edit my FCE4 files and save space on my laptop (MacBook from 2007). I'm used to editing off of an external hard-drive, but usually I have someone else import the footage into FCE4 before I can get my hands on editing. I decided to test out my new hard-drive (a Seagate Go-Flex 1TB portable drive), so I set all my scratch disks to a folder on the new drive and imported some footage for a short project. The problem is, all my footage imported at different aspect ratios and everything was pixelated. When I reset the scratch disks for editing on my laptop and reimported the footage, the same thing happened.

All of the footage was shot on the same Mini-DV tape with a Sony DCR-TRV39, 4:3 aspect ratio with 32kHz audio, DV-NTSC. It wasn't until I changed the playback settings that the footage returned to normal.

I'm about to import footage back onto my external hard-drive for an editing class where I believe we use FCP6 or FCP7, but I don't want my settings to end up pixelated like the first time. Do I need to change the playback settings? Or is there an issue with trying to import to my external that made the footage end up terrible? I'm really unsure of what my import and capture settings should be for this project, especially since I'm capturing on FCE4 but editing in FCP.

Shot on a Sony DCR-TRV9, 4:3 aspect ratio with 48kHZ audio, DV-NTSC. Computer is a MacBook with 1GB memory and 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor, Mac Leopard v. 10.6.4

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]