FORUMS: list search recent posts

Issues Exporting GoPro Footage

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Tabari
Issues Exporting GoPro Footage
on Jan 23, 2011 at 8:55:38 pm

Hello there! So I'm having an issue that I hope someone can help give me some sort of solution.

I got a GoPro not too long ago and have been messing around with some footage shot on a road trip. Today I tried to export some of the footage and noticed that during some parts of the quicktime video some sort of diagonal lines appeared during different parts of the video. I realized they appeared anytime I had a transition or if I had increased the clip speed. This happened while exporting both a quicktime and quicktime conversion.

Later on I found out it would have been best to convert the footage from mpeg4 to something less foreign to final cut, but I've already put in many hours of editing into this project and hope there's some sort of solution to salvage it.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Issues Exporting GoPro Footage
on Jan 24, 2011 at 5:58:52 am

You must transcode to another video codec such as ProRes 422, and you will most likely have to eyeball match to your existing cut, though you could try relinking the new files in place of the old ones.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]