FORUMS: list search recent posts

Editing Catastrophe or Not?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mare Costello
Editing Catastrophe or Not?
on Jan 21, 2011 at 6:20:45 pm

Dear Filmmakers/Editors,

2 nights ago after 4-5 days of 7-16HR of editing each day on my FEATURE movie in Final Cut Pro 7 I discovered my current edit was GONE after returning from a break(I DO MANUAL SAVES EVERY 5 MIN). I have since searched the autosaved logs where nothing turned up in fact ALL of those days were all together missing. I've also searched the computer for the extension .fcp to see if that brought anything up. Can you please give me any feedback on this or if it's easier to chat let me know and I'll call you! I'm beside myself. I have a few notes from the session but many were also deleted. I'm hoping to save myself the agony of re editing and loosing more time for an upcoming deadline. I feel like I've been hit by a bus.

Thank you in advance.

All the Best,
Mare

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Editing Catastrophe or Not?
on Jan 21, 2011 at 6:36:06 pm

Do you have TimeMachine running, if so look in there for a backup with the file. Could a drive be un mounted that has your project file on it?

Return to posts index

Olin Padilla
on Jan 21, 2011 at 6:41:25 pm

Check where your auto-save vault is. It's possible that it was saving to drive that is no longer mounted.

Return to posts index

Mare Costello
on Jan 21, 2011 at 6:56:55 pm

LITERALLY 5 MINUTES AFTER I POSTED THIS I OPENED THE PROGRAM AND THE ENTIRE PROJECT WAS THERE COMPLETE WITH THE VERY LAST EDIT I HAD MADE ON THE 19TH!!!!!!!!!!!!

What an ordeal . . . .

Thank you both for your quick replies,
Mare

http://www.syrianatate.com

Return to posts index

Jerry Alto
on Jan 21, 2011 at 7:18:32 pm

Mare, Most of us have had to learn the hard way. I got in the habit of copying my project to a jump drive after every edit session. It only takes about 3 seconds and a few mb of space. It has saved my day more than once.

HTH,
Jerry

MacPro 2.93 Quad
FCP7
Sony Z-1
GV-HD700

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]