FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Renders misplace song.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Larry Ray  Causey II
Audio Renders misplace song.
on Jan 21, 2011 at 5:32:06 am

I pound my hand into my crickidy old green desk everytime...

I've learned to deal with it, but im finally to the point where i want to fix this problem. FCP asks me to render audio files sometimes right? no problem, i render them, often everything is fine but other times my audio (specifically my music Aiff file) gets jacked up. By jacked up i mean, it repositions the the timing of the song so that the middle of the song plays at the the beginning of the clip. All other audio is unharmed. I have reinstalled FCP and i think i trashed my preferences even but have still had no luck. What are the specific steps to trashing preferences again? Where are they?

Return to posts index

Larry Ray  Causey II
Re: Audio Renders misplace song.
on Jan 21, 2011 at 5:54:41 am

well i found this http://library.creativecow.net/articles/harrington_richard/final_cut_trashi...

And realized that yes i have trashed my preferences recently and it did not help the matter.

I even recently got a new MAC Quad core Xeon 2.4 GHZ 6 GB RAM 10.6.6 Snow Leo and freshly installed FCP Studio 2 (with FCP 6).

The Audio render poses a problem to me seemingly random but i have caught on when there is any layering of the audio that's when it may decide to corrupt my song after rendering the red.

So my question still stands but i did figure out how to trash my preferences.
Thanks so much in advance for anyone who has experienced the same issue and can help.

Larry Ray Causey II
3933 County Rd. 317
Mckinney Tx

817-800-4101

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jan 21, 2011 at 6:20:06 am

[Larry Ray Causey II] "What are the specific steps to trashing preferences again? Where are they?
"

Download Preference Manager (it's free) from http://www.Digitalrebellion.com and let the app do it for you. It does many other things as well, but trashing prefs is as easy as hitting a single button.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Jan 21, 2011 at 11:30:22 am

[Larry Ray Causey II] "FCP asks me to render audio files sometimes right?"

It shouldn't if all your files are 48khz and are AIFF, WAV or MOV before you bring them in.

[Larry Ray Causey II] "By jacked up i mean, it repositions the the timing of the song so that the middle of the song plays at the the beginning of the clip."

Honestly have never experienced this in all my years with FCP.

Make sure you're using all 48khz AIFF or WAV files in your timeline. If they are not 48khz, convert them before you bring them in.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media
Register now for our Open House March 5

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" Winner, Best Documentary, LA Reel Film Festival...

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]