FORUMS: list search recent posts

Having to Re-Render without any adjustments

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh Stewart
Having to Re-Render without any adjustments
on Jan 20, 2011 at 11:14:21 am

So I downloaded some AVI files from an FTP site. I converted the AVI to .MOV files (Apple ProRes 422 H.264) with MPEG STREAMCLIP.

Now when I place them in the timeline, I have to render them. After the render is complete, it automatically needs to be rendered again.

Note: I haven't done a single thing to the clip. No cuts, no transitions, effects, etc... I just click on the rendered clip and it needs to be rendered again.

I have never experienced this before. Any thoughts???

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Having to Re-Render without any adjustments
on Jan 20, 2011 at 4:04:46 pm

[Josh Stewart] "I converted the AVI to .MOV files (Apple ProRes 422 H.264) with MPEG STREAMCLIP."

That makes no sense Josh... Which is it, ProRes or h.264, there's is no ProRes combined with h.264, they are two very different and separate codecs.

And, if you did convert to h.264, that is a problem, as it's not an editing codec that is supported in FCP. Converting to ProRes would be a good thing however...

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

Josh Stewart
Re: Having to Re-Render without any adjustments
on Jan 21, 2011 at 7:52:25 am

Thank you David, you are right. I did word that a bit wrong.

I figured out my sequence settings were way off. I knew my settings didn't match the footage, but I've been down that road many times before and never had this issue.

Guess you learn something new every day.

Thanks again,

Josh Stewart

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]