FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quicktime movie into blue ray

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nick avaliani
Quicktime movie into blue ray
on Jan 20, 2011 at 12:37:27 am

I will go wild with this blue ray issue.

I finally burned blue ray using toast titanium. It asked me whethe I needed NTSC or Pal, I needed NTSC so it made NTSC. But quality of movie is very low, and seems it became more dark and colors not as noticable as in original quicktime movie.

Can any one suggest how to improve it?

see this link

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/7520/screenshot20110120at432.png

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Quicktime movie into blue ray
on Jan 20, 2011 at 12:50:43 am

Was it color corrected properly? Meaning monitored properly? Capture card out to a broadcast HD monitor...or REALLY GOOD HDTV? Because what you see in the Canvas differs from what is actually there. And QT...it's brighter by quite a bit.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

nick avaliani
on Jan 20, 2011 at 12:55:04 am

Yes monitor is high professional and calibrated well. I do not have any objection with colors, but with quality of movie overall.

I will go tomorrow to theater if it does not play good then I will need to research how to make the best quality

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 20, 2011 at 1:01:56 am

Ah, might be something in the encoding process. Outside of my area of knowledge.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jan 20, 2011 at 2:20:04 pm

Looking at this picture, you did not burn a Blu-ray. You burned a DVD.

You can use Toast to encode, author, and burn Blu-ray if you have the BR plugin.

The latest version of Final Cut Studio has Blu-ray encoding presets for Compressor. Compressor is capable of authoring Blu-ray discs with very simple menus. Adobe Encore is capable of a bit more. Either should be fine for theater playout.

Personally, I use my Matrox CompressHD or Telestream Episode Pro for Blu-ray compression.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

nick avaliani
on Jan 20, 2011 at 2:27:00 pm

I was trying from compressor to make blue ray video but I got error 3x crash service down. So I burned blue ray from toast titanium. I dragged quicktime video in toast and burned so I got bad quality.

Return to posts index

nick avaliani
on Jan 20, 2011 at 2:27:02 pm

I was trying from compressor to make blue ray video but I got error 3x crash service down. So I burned blue ray from toast titanium. I dragged quicktime video in toast and burned so I got bad quality.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jan 20, 2011 at 2:33:40 pm

[nick avaliani] "I was trying from compressor to make blue ray video but I got error 3x crash service down."

You should try to sort that out -- I think Compressor will give you a lot more control over your encodes than Toast will.

[nick avaliani] "So I burned blue ray from toast titanium. I dragged quicktime video in toast and burned so I got bad quality."

Your picture shows a disc with a VIDEO_TS folder and a VTS_01_1.VOB media file. This is a DVD structure. Blu-rays have a BDMV folder, with M2TS files in a STREAM folder.

Do you have the BD plugin for Toast?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

nick avaliani
on Jan 20, 2011 at 2:37:32 pm

I think I figured it out that titanium does not have blue ray. I will make now from compressor, I have latest fcp studio.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]