FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bad Chroma Key Render on Exports?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Traweek
Bad Chroma Key Render on Exports?
on Jan 19, 2011 at 8:18:38 pm

I've noticed recently that a seemingly good chroma key in my Final Cut timeline and even the broadcast exports gets real nasty when exporting to H.264 or WMV for client screeners.

What I'll see in the exported files is a nice, fuzzy green outline around the subject, looking like the edge feather is too high.

My workaround has been to export into an intermediate codec I know works (like ProRes 422 or NTSC DV), then convert down to H.264 or WMV.

Is this an issue with how FCP renders tracks, or a codec-specific thing?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Bad Chroma Key Render on Exports?
on Jan 19, 2011 at 9:23:11 pm

[Andrew Traweek] "My workaround has been to export into an intermediate codec I know works (like ProRes 422 or NTSC DV), then convert down to H.264 or WMV."
That's the way.
Try always to render to the less compressed options. Avoid DV if you can.
Set "Render in High precision" and "Motion Effects: BEST".
Try always to make a high quality/full-size master; from that one make the versions you may need.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

John Jones
Me to!
on Jan 19, 2011 at 11:54:29 pm

Happened to me as well. I get a good chroma key on my preview but when you play the movie the key is bad. All items were in prores so it could not be the codec. This was very frustrating since everything looked good while settings were changed etc... but as soon as you play the movie its all gone.

My workaround was to switch the keyer from chroma key to something a little simpler, I think there was more than one option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]