FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Capture/Deck issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zak sWAIN
Final Cut Capture/Deck issue
on Jan 19, 2011 at 8:05:14 pm

So I've been having a lot of trouble capturing with one of my edit stations over the past 6 months.

I have 2 identical mac pros with OS 10.5 and final cut pro 5. The mini dv decks we use are, JVC DV3000s and a newer Sony HDV deck. For storage we are using a Western Digital My book terabyte. As well an older LaCie.

The problem first started with the system in question about a year ago. Every time we were capturing, frames would be dropped consistently. Thinking it was just a case of very dirty heads we sent one of the decks out to be cleaned. But the problem persisted. Then, Some how I figure out that if we unplugged the lacie it magically worked... So we did away with the LaCies and bought Western Digital drives, that seemed to fix our problem.... for a couple of weeks.

Now, one of the systems is working just fine. (except for with the LaCie which isn't an issue) But the other will not even recognize any of our decks... I've tried reseting the preferences, uninstalling final cut and reinstalling it, as well as trying to reset the fire wire ports...

Does anyone have any suggestions? Please Help!

-
Zak

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Final Cut Capture/Deck issue
on Jan 19, 2011 at 8:20:40 pm

Dropped frames is normally a drive wright/read issue. Are these drives FW400, 800 or USB, are you daisy-chaining the drives?

No bad things are daisy-chainging and USB Drives.

Return to posts index

Zak sWAIN
on Jan 19, 2011 at 8:42:35 pm

they FW800 and there is only one external drive in use per system

Return to posts index

Michael Peele
on Jan 20, 2011 at 1:26:26 am

The drives are formatted as HFS+, correct?

Return to posts index

Zak sWAIN
on Jan 20, 2011 at 3:29:56 pm

yes they are

Return to posts index

Zak sWAIN
on Feb 3, 2011 at 4:42:54 pm

Any Suggestions?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>