FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sequence not exporting fully from my mac book pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ej Bernardo
Sequence not exporting fully from my mac book pro
on Jan 18, 2011 at 4:58:04 am

So I bought a new 13 inch macbook pro a couple weeks ago, everything works fine. I installed FCP5 on my machine and everthing edits fine. I tranfered projects over fro my G5 and started to edit. When I was done with one project, I tried to export as a quicktime move, and when I hit save, it exports the sequence for a brief second and its done. That cant be right, so I checked the supposed exported clip, and it only exports maybe a small percentage of the entire sequence that i wanted. Now, I took the same sequence that I saved on a zip drive, to my G5 machine, opened up FCP, rendered everything again, same thing exported to quicktime, and it works fine, like its supposed to! I checked all the settings and everything, and they are identical.

I tried taking my laptop to apple, they couldnt help me. asked numerous friends, nothing! I need help on this please! I guess i could continue transfering each time on zip drive everytime, but as you could imagine, just adds more work. Please help!

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Sequence not exporting fully from my mac book pro
on Jan 18, 2011 at 3:19:14 pm

Are you sure there is not any in/out markers in your timeline?
Also, do you have the disc space? Are trying to output a self contained large HD file?
Try making a ref file.
Try coping the material to a new sequence.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

ej Bernardo
on Jan 19, 2011 at 4:07:54 am

There are no Ins and outs. I tried with and without it. The format im trying to export is the first option on the export tab, "quicktime movie" It still not letting me export it from there, for some reason.

EJ

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jan 19, 2011 at 4:47:36 am

Make sure "Full" is checked in the Render All menu, then render, and then try exporting.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]