FORUMS: list search recent posts

Printing to tape...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuck Purnell
Printing to tape...
on Jan 14, 2011 at 2:45:04 pm

I have a client that wants the project on DVD and MiniDV. I haven't had a need to print to tape in such a long time, I cannot get my system to do right. After changing the settings more than several times I can now see my timeline on my external when my VTR is in record pause mode. When I start playback, I hear the audio but the video is just a still frame (on external) which I think is a sign one of the playback settings might be off. Like I said I went through a number of settings and none worked. The only one that worked was Apple Firewire NTSC for playback and print to tape.

Also my timeline is HD and I need to print to MiniDV (SD). Is that causing the issues?

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Printing to tape...
on Jan 14, 2011 at 2:50:53 pm

That is your problem. Drop your HD sequence into a DV NTSC sequence and render. If you have a capture card, you can downconvert your sequence to DV tape if it allows it.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Chuck Purnell
on Jan 14, 2011 at 3:47:00 pm

Well i have the Matrox MXO2 Mini that is supposed to be be able to do up/down/cross conversions. I have yet to try it and need to figure out how to do so. I read one post that said to continue editing in HD then export that file to Compressor and do the down conversion there but this HD video is going to SD MiniDV Tape.

Cre8tive Minds Entertainment, LLC

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 14, 2011 at 4:38:21 pm

Go into the SYSTEM PREFERENCES. Click on the MXO2 Preference pane. Go to the VIDEO OUT option, and the first option leave as FOLLOW APPLICATION. But then there is an OUTPUT dropdown menu option just below that, and you choose HD to SD...and choose LETTERBOX, or CENTER CUT or ANAMORPHIC, depending on what you want.

Drat...I don't have the MXO2 installed anymore, and I'm going by memory. I am testing out RESOLVE so I have DECKLINK in my machine now. Lemme see about getting it on my laptop.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]