FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut offlining

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Thygesen
Final Cut offlining
on Jan 14, 2011 at 10:26:16 am

Hi Everybody !

So im trying to edit this musicvideo with 40 tracks in multicam, the prores 422hq files do not play nice with multicam so ive made low res (422proxy) with the same filenames in other folder to try and get better performance out of multicam,

problem is:
Although i move high res files to other folder on same disk, final cut knows and automatically reconnects,
only when i move to other disk im able to reconnect to low res files,

Can i get around this in some way ? not having to move the files to another disk or how would one go about reconnecting otherwise ?

Thanks in advance to the ones helping me ! :)

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Final Cut offlining
on Jan 14, 2011 at 4:28:25 pm

Highlight all the clips, and when you reconnect, choose the SEARCH SINGLE LOCATION option, and point to the folder the Proxy files are in.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Richard Keating
on Jan 14, 2011 at 4:34:58 pm

Martin,

You don't have to move the folder to another disk, you just need to set the path to the new files. Here's how: Highlight the clips in the Browser, then right-click and select "Make offline...". You will be given three choices, but make sure you select "Leave Them on the Disk". This will take the clips offline, but not delete them. Now all your clips in the browser will have a red line through them to indicate they are off-line. Highlight them all and right-click, this time selecting "Reconnect media...". Navigate to your folder with the low-rez clips and reconnect. This will create a new path to the files which Final Cut will remember until you set the path back to the hi-rez files, which you do using the same process.

Richard Keating
Editor, Co-Creator of ScreenLight
"Centralized Video Project Collaboration"
http://www.screenlight.tv
Blog: blog.screenlight.tv

Return to posts index

Martin Thygesen
on Jan 18, 2011 at 7:42:37 am

Wow thanks so much both of you, awesome precise advice, can't believe a google search couldn't give me the answer, but you guys just made me smarter, thanks !

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]