FORUMS: list search recent posts

Standard 2 Pop Final Delivery

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bree McCool
Standard 2 Pop Final Delivery
on Jan 10, 2011 at 5:26:54 pm

Excuse the newbie questions but I'm doing my first Final Delivery for the good ol' Agency peeps.

They're looking to just post on web (facebook and youtube) so I'm laying off a 1920x1080 HD QT in the Apple ProRes 422 format that is about 1.04GB. They want hardcopies, obviously, so can I just do a burn in DVD studio pro with the HUGE mov and have it work? I've tried and I get errors when burning and I think its the size but I can't compress a final delievery...any thoughts?

Also, they are doing all the mixing with VO and music so I wanted to do a formal 2pop/bars at the beginning of the short with slate. I see where you can get the 2 pop and bars/tone but I'm not sure how to do to the countdown OR if there are timecode configurations that are basic knowledge that I don't know regarding certain amounts of black before/after the cut.

As always, any and all help would be great!

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Standard 2 Pop Final Delivery
on Jan 10, 2011 at 7:19:13 pm

DVDSP is for authoring DVDs which are highly compressed SD mpeg2 movies.

If you file is under 4.3GB you can just burn in on a DVD as data, you use toast or a simple finder burn. You DO NOT author it to a DVD.

2pop goes 2 seconds before the first frame.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Standard 2 Pop Final Delivery
on Jan 11, 2011 at 12:16:56 am

It is dead easy to make a countdown using the Text generator and one frame of tone @-20db for each second. Make it once and get fancy with backgrounds if you want and then save as a quicktime file for next time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]