FORUMS: list search recent posts

SD/HD FCP XML - Re-sizing clips to sequence

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gregory Burns
SD/HD FCP XML - Re-sizing clips to sequence
on Jan 6, 2011 at 1:55:51 pm

Hi There,

I am working on an integration bewteen IPV's Curator Asset Management system and FCP. We are having some issues with XML's that contain both SD (IMX30) and HD (XDCAM 50). Basically we can't seem to automatically conform these clips to the default sequence settings when they are imported using an XML file. Does anyone know if there is a way of doing this? We are currently importing the timeline then manually conforming the clips. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. My bosses may even pay for consultancy on it.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: SD/HD FCP XML - Re-sizing clips to sequence
on Jan 6, 2011 at 4:30:27 pm

Automatically conform to what? Please elaborate.

Return to posts index

Gregory Burns
on Jan 6, 2011 at 4:36:03 pm

Auto conform to the sequence resolution settings.

Basically if the sequence is set to 1920x1080 the SD clips imported with the XML do not fill the screen. Likewise if the sequence is 720x576 then only the top left quarter of the HD clips is visible. The workaround is fairly simple you just select all the clips in the sequence then 'modify/conform to sequence' but my client is pretty demanding and any reduction in manual intervention is worthwhile.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 6, 2011 at 5:58:30 pm

[Gregory Burns] "but my client is pretty demanding and any reduction in manual intervention is worthwhile."

so, they want the square peg in that round hole.

Via XML, there's nothing you can do accept what you're doing. If you're dragging HD clips to Sd timelines and vice versa, FCP should take care of the scaling. It's not going to look very good, though.

Return to posts index

Gregory Burns
on Jan 6, 2011 at 6:05:27 pm

I thought as much...

Dragging clips in one by one works fine it's just when using the XML to import we have the problem. I agree that mixed format timelines don't look great but this is something they specifically requested. They may well transcode everything into ProRes first as that's what they edit in so hopefully it won't be an issue. Out of interest, do you know if the next release of FCP (coming soon I heard) is going to include a new XML schema?

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 6, 2011 at 6:14:10 pm

[Gregory Burns] "Out of interest, do you know if the next release of FCP (coming soon I heard) is going to include a new XML schema?"

We can only hope and wonder.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]