FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting pics from FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Willy Lavendel
Exporting pics from FCP
on Jan 4, 2011 at 11:32:45 pm

Hi there,

I have uploaded a bunch of pics I've been working on to CC and enhance them. I know Photoshop would be a better choice but I don't know that program as well as FCP.

My photos are 3888x2592 and my research indicated that the best downsize is 1920x1080 - HDTV 1080i (16:9) - Pixel Aspect Ratio: Square.

I tried a few different options for the compression and they didn't seem to matter so I left it on DV/DVCPRO NTSC.

They look fine, the quality is great, they even printed well.

The only thing I would like to change are the black bars on either side. I've done some fiddling and can't seem to shake them.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Willy

Willy Lavendel
"Is this for real?" "No, only in the movies"

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
Re: Exporting pics from FCP
on Jan 4, 2011 at 11:49:41 pm

[Willy Lavendel] "I have uploaded a bunch of pics I've been working on to CC and enhance them. I know Photoshop would be a better choice but I don't know that program as well as FCP. "

Well its time to learn. when you bring photos into FCP the moment you add them to a timeline you will loose the still photo properties of the photos.

If you plan on using them as still photos after adjusting them, then use a photo application.

If simple adjustments are all you need then just use iPhoto.

**Hindsight is always 1080p**

Return to posts index

Willy Lavendel
Re: Exporting pics from FCP
on Feb 4, 2011 at 9:38:39 pm

Yes I realize that but there are effects of FCP that I really like and I know there must be a way to trick it to produce photos with the correct aspect ratio.

Willy

Willy Lavendel
"Is this for real?" "No, only in the movies"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]