FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVCPROHD PC to Mac?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Bussé
DVCPROHD PC to Mac?
on Jan 3, 2011 at 8:54:57 pm

Does DVCPROHD captured on an AJA/Blackmagic/Matrox card in a PC translate directly into a Final Cut workflow on a Mac, or does the footage need to be altered in colorspace or something? I seem to recall someone mentioning that they had to do a conversion when moving from one platform to the next.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: DVCPROHD PC to Mac?
on Jan 3, 2011 at 8:57:32 pm

What system? Premiere? Matrox captures as MPEG-2...other formats might be AVI based. And yes, they need to be converted.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Brad Bussé
on Jan 3, 2011 at 9:55:15 pm

64-bit Windows 7. I've demoed an MXO2 LE, and found it to be extremely buggy, whether capturing through the included capture software or Premiere CS5. Otherwise, I did like the quality of their MPEG-2 Intraframe codec. I just don't think I can justify going that route, hoping that they fix the drivers. I had the latest drivers as of a couple weeks ago, and had the latest firmware.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 3, 2011 at 10:09:47 pm

You want a capture device that will capture to an editing format that works with FCP?

Done: AJA KiPro. Look for the KiPro Mini, due out soon.

Or...Convergent Design NANOflash. Captures to MPEG-2 422. Their site is HORRIBLE, and give VERY little info. But I know people who use it.

http://www.convergent-design.com/Products/nanoFlash/Quality/tabid/1651/Defa...

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]