FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD footage on SD timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vilma Zefran
HD footage on SD timeline
on Jan 2, 2011 at 3:19:51 am

I teach TV Production to high school students, and we shoot both on HD and SD formats on tape. Many times, students forget to check what format they shoot with. But I still require our final format to be on SD. What is the best thing to do when students make the mistake of shooting on HD for an SD file?

Thanks.

Vilma Zefran

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: HD footage on SD timeline
on Jan 2, 2011 at 5:44:28 am

If they have all HD footage they should edit in HD that then downconvert the final movie to your specs. If they have a mixed amount of HD or SD they may want to downconvert the HD to match their SD footage. This would speed up the editing/render/exporting process.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Jan 2, 2011 at 5:44:29 pm

Or just give them an F

:)

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Jan 2, 2011 at 5:56:00 pm

[John Pale] "Or just give them an F

:)"

Frankly, my initial thought was that Vilma absolutely, positively must teach them how to discern between the HD and SD, and must insist that the students do it all the time. If you don't Vilma you're doing your students a real disservice, as you will be sending them out into the world unprepared for reality.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]