FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem Keying in Slow Motion

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phil Huizen
Problem Keying in Slow Motion
on Jan 1, 2011 at 11:52:05 pm

Hello COW'ers,
This is my first post, I've made a account especially for my question because I tried for hours to figure out. I have a clip which I want to slow down in motion (not in compressor btw) and then send back to FCP. But I can't seem to find a way to smooth in the slow motion clip. So I want from 100% speed to 50% speed (with keyframing, but how?) i don't get variable speed because you can't put in: 50%. I've tried everything but it doesn't seem to work. Does somebody of you pro's know? :) I'm still an amateur

Thanks in advance,
Phil

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Problem Keying in Slow Motion
on Jan 2, 2011 at 5:51:09 am

Meaning you ramp the speed from 100 to 50%?

Return to posts index

Phil Huizen
on Jan 2, 2011 at 12:24:47 pm

It deacceleres from 100 to 50 for. About à second and THE Goes 50% for THE rest of THE clip

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jan 3, 2011 at 5:18:19 pm

FCP doesn't have great slow motion tools. You might want to think about Twixtor for this type of work.

Return to posts index

anthony Bari Jr.
on Jan 3, 2011 at 10:56:53 pm

Are you try to use Speed Ramping?

Try Opt+T in the timeline and you will get the keyframe>toggle clip keyframes overlays will appear on the timeline.

you will see a series of tick marks on the clip, evenly spaced means 100% speed, closer together means
faster than 100%. If you click on the tick marks you will create speed segments. Right Click in between the segments and you can change the speed of just the segment.

try watching this video:
http://www.rippletraining.com/provideoapps.html
watch the speed tools video, short sweet and to the point.
enjoy.

*Production*Post-Production*
Apple Certified Instructor (Final Cut Pro 7)
"Semper Fi USMC"

Return to posts index

Phil Huizen
on Jan 4, 2011 at 3:40:06 pm

No I want to fade in slow motion. So from 100% to 50% fade and then constant 50%. I can do it with a behaviour but than I can't set an amount of '%' and I can't precisely choose HOW to fade in. With keyframing I don't get it.. Thanks for your post

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]